Car Accident FAQ

Do I Have A Case?

Each auto accident case is different. I am C. Bradley Hallen, an experienced car accident attorney who will engage in an in-depth discussion of the facts surrounding your accident and the extent of your injuries. If I conclude that your case has merit, my firm, The Law Offices of C. Bradley Hallen, can represent you on a contingency fee basis, which means that you will not pay a fee unless I recover money in your case.

What Is My Case Worth?

Calculating damages in personal injury cases can be complex. Accident victims often sell themselves short by overlooking many future losses they will suffer as a result of the accident. If you were involved in an accident, you need an experienced attorney to help you receive the full amount of your damages. Typically, injury victims can receive compensation for medical bills, lost present and future wages, reduction in earning potential, and the cost of physical therapy and in-home nursing care during recovery. You may also be entitled to compensation for your physical pain, emotional trauma and diminished capacity to enjoy life after the accident.

Do I Need A Lawyer?

Not all auto accidents give rise to litigation. However, if you have been injured in a car accident that you suspect was caused by someone else’s negligence, you should consult with an attorney before accepting settlement from the other driver’s insurance company. Insurance companies are interested in one thing: minimizing the amount of money they have to dole out to pay for your claim. Getting fair compensation from an insurance company is always an uphill battle. I am an experienced personal injury attorney who can level the playing field and help ensure that your rights are protected.

Do I Need To See A Doctor?

The most common mistake accident victims make is failing to visit a doctor after an auto accident. You should see a doctor immediately after being involved in an accident. A medical doctor can take x-rays, run tests, and document all of your injuries. In addition, even the most seemingly minor symptoms can turn into a much larger medical problem down the road. It is better to seek medical attention in order to prevent those complications in the future.

How Much Time Do I Have To File An Auto Accident Lawsuit?

In all personal injury cases, the law sets forth strict time limitations within which you may file suit for your injuries. In California, you must file an auto accident lawsuit within 2 years of the accident that caused your injuries. If you don’t sue within this time, you lose your right to recover damages forever.

If you have been injured in an auto accident in Encinitas, Carlsbad, Oceanside, San Diego, or anywhere in Southern California, call my firm today at 800-614-0878 today for a free consultation to discuss your case with me, an experienced auto accident attorney committed to serving and helping you.